St. Clara Church
Life is a journey and the life of the parish is a journey in faith, which has inspired the St. Clara parish community from the first Mass held in Clara City in 1889. Faith urged the meeting of Catholics in Clara City who decided on October 26,
1980, to build a wood-frame church immediately. The parish was incorporated January 13, 1892.
Faith enabled the first members to spread their beliefs as the church structure was expanded in 1897, a rectory constructed in 1899, a parochial school built in 1918, a new brick church erected in 1929 in the midst of the Great Depression, and a new brick school built in 1953.
Faith sustained the Catholic faith community through the closing of the school in 1971, renovations of the church in 1973 and 2000, building of a new rectory in 1975, sharing of staff with neighboring Murdock and Raymond parishes, and closing of the church in Raymond in 1990.
Faith led numerous prients and pastoral administrators to come and serve as well as the School Sisters of Notre Dame, Benedictine, Francisan, and Presentation Sisters.